Friday, July 02, 2010

Baby Love

Sorry I have been so lax with my blog...haven't been inspired to write much...busy...busy....busy. We were in recently in construction mode for over a month having both of our bathrooms remodeled. We have a main hall bathroom which is the largest and, on a regular day-to-day basis is "Cindy's bathroom". We are also fortunate enough to have a very small full bath (shower stall) off of our master bedroom, which is ideal for McStevie. The makeovers were finished this past Monday and we are VERY HAPPY with them. We have lived in this home for 15 years this year and McStevie's bath had not even been painted, nothing, nadda...wall paper that has been slowly peeling and tiles coming loose from the floor....needless to say his bathroom is now SUPER luxurious from what it was.

Anywho, the contractors that we work with have done most of the "makeover" work we have had done to our home and God willing...will do more in the future as we enjoy them personally and the quality of work they perform. I learned that one contractor has a baby boy due in August that will join his 2 year old sister....so my grandma mode and quilting hands simultaneously started juices flowing for creating a gift for the culmination/celebration of the end of the project...and kinda the beginning of something new...a new life. Here are some pictures of my gifts:

For the baby boy....well of course he will do his share of spit-ups so viola...a set of burp cloths and baby bib...


You can't give a gift to a newborn that has a little one at home without thinking of them, so I created this little lovie taggie quilt for his sister, Lanie (pronounced Lane e...pretty name, isn't it?) I also machine embroidered her name in a few spots on the quilt...hope you can see....click the pic for a closeup and look in the black...







I really love to make baby and children items....if you have something special you would like made, please contact me through one of my shops or my Request an Order Form.

5 comments:

TiLT said...

What great gifts! And yes, you can't ever forget about the sibling, especially one so young.

And woots for home redos...we are in the midst of a bunch ourselves.

Amy said...

Love em! Especialy that taggie! (since the taggie company will beat you down if you sell, them, I don't anymore...) :(

But I have one question...

WHERE"S THE BATHROOM PICS>????? I showed you my bathroom, I wanna see yours !! :) LOL

~~Amy

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

Nope won't sell them, Amy, I sew them for fun/gifts only....I know about the taggie police...the bathroom pics are taken...that requires more time and another post...will do soon.

Ink with Heather said...

i know what it is like to be in reno land we have been in new house only 2 months and dave started ripping stuff out already!!

baby gifts said...

Thank you for sharing! I will be doing some great baby gifts soon for my friend’s baby shower. For now, I just need to look for great ideas. Wish me luck.