Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy National Quilt Day!

Today is National Quilt Day. I celebrated by goofing off some and then quilting a new spring table runner.

The quilt is still in "sandwich" form and now needs the binding sewn and attached. I quilted it with a leaf design from one of my sewing machine stitches. (If you double click on the last picture you will see the quilting close up.) I turned up the quilt on one edge so that you can see the pretty green fabric on the bottom. Haven't decided for sure which fabric I will use for the binding. It's sew beautifully bright I prolly should have worn sunglasses when I made it to protect my eyes.....



Can you see the tiny leaves quilted in "the ditch" in orange sulky thread?

I also tried a new soup recipe.....sweet sausage soup, made with sweet turkey sausage. Here is my National Quilt Day soup. I tried to duplicate a soup I had for lunch at a restaurant this week. Although that one was made with pork sausage, I think I came very close to the flavors. I served it with a little fresh Parmesan cheese on top, like the restaurant did.


I absolutely love these corning ware soup mugs that I got for Christmas. I took a picture of them in the store with my camera phone and emailed it to my family. It worked.



And that was my fun Quilt Day!!!

1 comment:

black sheep said...

My daughter, Renee, who inspires to be a chef one day, thought your soup looks awesome - as do I. You've got skill, girlfriend!!

Anne ^_^