Friday, January 28, 2011

Fabric sometimes whispers to me...

But yesterday these pretties literally shouted at me.

I walked by them once and felt that “hairy eye ball”. You know how that goes, the little hairs on the back of your neck stick up and you start to get a little flushed, like someone just told you the back of your skirt was all bunched up in your panties. I gave a glance in their direction. Then, quite loudly there was a plea…come on over, touch me, have your way with me…you know you want to! Wowza! I was there faster than a bug hits a windshield. I’m sew easily seduced by fabric.

We are at the midpoint of our long winters here in northern NY and this lovely cotton eye candy will keep me company while the snow falls softly and I’m entertained by my favorite pair of cardinals, (Fred and Ethel) at the feeder. After these lovelies come out of the washer and dryer I’ll be in the cave getting some spokes cut for some sweet spring candle mats. Ahh...it's what makes me sewhappy! Hope you are sew happy sewing today too!

FYI~

The little prints are from the Wild Rose, by Marti Mitchell collection from Maywood Studios.

The green and rose pink that “read solid” are from Perennials by Eleanor Burns collection from Benartex Inc.

The lighter green roses print is a fat quarter that didn’t have writing on the salvage of the piece I bought.

6 comments:

myminimocs said...

what beautiful fabrics...hope you'll give us a glimpse of the mats when they're finished! happy sewing!!!

Cecily said...

oooooh those are sew pretty!!!! Very vintage-y looking.

Anonymous said...

Sew lovely! Cannot wait to see the finished product :)

Anonymous said...

Sew lovely! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

You know we call you the fabric whisperer behind your back, right?

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

LOL....Cas I sure have been called worse..Hugs to you!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Sew, sew pretty!