Friday, January 07, 2011

Baby Boom

Making items for my shops sometimes gets put on the back burner when there are babies to sew for! I wanted to share some of the baby items I have quilted recently. Most were gifts, one was a special order for a good friend.

A new little baby boy will receive this small quilt of blues and matching set of burp cloths soon. This one was not made with a pattern, just a "let's roll with it" attitude. I knew I wanted to embellish it with the large ric-rac. I've been looking for a project to put the ric-rac in since I bought it.
This set of burp cloths were for Ceanna, an online friend and sweet new mommy, personalized for her little bundle of joy, Olivia.
This quilt was made for my niece Christy, (and Ya-Ya member) for her 2yr old daughter Kara, who is a sweet little "monkey". I gave her and her brother the little book, Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed and they loved it. I saw the pink monkey fabric for this quilt and new I needed to make it for her. Check out this cute video on Five Little Monkeys!

This quilt and set of burp cloths was made for niece Sara. Her little Ellie was born on Christmas Day! Sara is a fan of lady bugs, so this pink flannel ladybug fabric was ideal for her shower gift.
The quilt is a "rag" quilt, this is the back with the rag part showing. Below that is a picture of the front. This type of quilt is fun and easy. Each block has a flannel front and back, quilt the block and then put all the blocks together and snip one side. Give it a wash or two and the snips fray and the quilt gets really soft. Thus, the "rag" reference.


I was commissioned by good friends - Jenny and Carol, Jenny's Mom to create a quilt with pictures and quotes for a special niece/granddaughter of theirs. Jenny and Carol picked the fabric and I took it from there. It turned out lovely and they were very pleased.

The back had such pretty family words on the fabric. Hope you can read them - Love, Celebrate, Hope etc.
I SEW love to make gifts for babies!!

1 comment:

myminimocs said...

fabulous work...you've been busy!!!

thanks for giving us a peek!