Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIP (Work in Progress) Wednesday

It's been awhile since a WIP post.  Life got crazy for a bit.  I had a little health hiccup and other "stop you in your tracks" moments. Now back to life in the cave, sewing up a storm.  Fun things.  Something for ME! Can you believe it! Just a little lap size cuddle quilt!

Sew....we got a new leather chair for the living room.  It has no arms and I was sure it was probably too big for the spot, but after having it hang around a day or so -  I. love. it!
Only problem I had was it looked a little naked.  It has this cute back and, well, it needed something.  I made a soft and cuddly rag quilt for it this past weekend.  It was FUN to make, went really fast (9.5 inch squares), is super soft (Robert Kaufman flannel- to die for) and I'm pretty sure the chair said "you complete me" when I laid it over the back! 
I'm on to making a matching pillow, it's half way done- the newest WIP!

PS If you have never made a flannel rag quilt, you really need to do a google and get yourself going on one.  The first one I ever made was a twin size and I put batting in between the layers,as the pattern said.  It was the last one I have made that way...too stiff.  I love just the two layers...much softer and much faster to make.  I've made several.  Baby rag quilts make up really fast if you need one in a hurry - and are quite adorable.

No comments: