Thursday, March 05, 2009

She likes it, she really likes it!

I was requested (commissioned) to make a table runner for someone before Christmas. Well, the illness and death of a close relative and other life's events got a bit in the way, sew it didn't get done for Christmas. This gal had sent me a pic of a quilt pattern that she liked and told me the colors she would like as well as the length needed. I drew up a pattern, which was pretty simple and went shopping for some fabrics....my fav thing...shopping for fabrics with one of my sisters (thanks for that fun day, Becky). Then came pulling out the rest of my stash and getting the colors "melded" together in something harmonizing. Whoa, that's where the challenge of this project came into play. I had an idea that this was gonna be a what I call "down and dirty" project...easy...and done fast. Well, lemme tell ya, I made several blocks with some different looks....walked away from it...threw those out (not literally, mind you) started over a few times....and in the process deemed it the table runner from hell. I finally "got it" - the fabrics that were most appealing to me - then held my breath. Once I finally got the colors that worked, for me anyway, it was a piece of cake to finish. Sew then I sent the pictures out to the person who had requested it and again held my breath.

I got a call from her today, and she loves it!! Thank you Deb for making my day! Not only because you like it, but because as a member of the Etsy Angel team, a portion of the sales will go to our charity event for March which is Answer the Call - A NY Police and Fire Widow's and Children's Benefit Fund. Please read about the organization here. You can go here to purchase items from any of the etsy Angels. Just scroll down to members and click on any of the shop names. Their shops are awesome...everything/anything you can think of for sale. Thank you, Deb for making my first donation possible to the Answer the Call charity. You made me Sewhappy! You rock!!

This tablerunner was designed to go with Amish-style furniture with black chairs....





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Cindy!!!
Absolutely gorgeous table runner. I love the "country" theme of quilts and things. This will surely be treasured for a long time!

myminimocs said...

it's fantastic cindy!!! - how could she not love it!!! absolutely beautiful!!!

myminimocs said...

ooops! hit post too quick (long day)
and what a blessing that a portion of the proceeds is being donated to the Answer The Call Fund!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

ByNanasHands said...

This table runner is just beautiful! You did such a fabulous job on it....love it!

BeadedTail said...

Wow! That is absolutely beautiful Sew! The fabric choices are gorgeous and your work is incredible! Wow! (Did I say that already?)

storybeader said...

it's beautiful! Think it would go well with any wooden table. Great job!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's beautiful! You did a wonderful job m'dear :)

Niena said...

hi thr cindy, i'm new reader of ur blog. i find it very interesting. anyway, this is a very lovely table runner. the design motifs is simple yet eye catching. added u to my blog roll, so that i'll be able to follow any updates on ur blog. cheers.

niena
http://me-niena.blogspot.com/