Friday, February 19, 2010

What I Made Today

I watched a sewing program on PBS today. I came in on it late so I don't know if the instructions for the cutting were given or not. I set the dvr and rewound it later for the sewing instructions after I got some fabric cut. I just wanted to see if I could make the darn thing....hers was sew cute. I grabbed some fabric that I didn't care if I messed up and gave it a shot. It didn't appear to be coming out correctly...until I got ALL the corners sewn.. and then it made sense. I CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS...yay me!

I guessed at the cutting, as I said I was just curious to see if I could make it. I was feeling like a challenge. Anywho, this one is smaller than the one from the program, so I will make another...with nicer fabrics...and make the cuts larger so the little bag is larger. I just thought in the end, it came out cute! I'm going to keep some stuff in this one for my hand sewing...needles, thimble, small scissors etc. It will make a cute gift too!


It's kinda a mini-version of the one on PBS today....




5 comments:

Amy said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuute! What show is this? I love those shows and sometimes I catch them to DVR!

c said...

That's so cool! You did an awesome job. I love it.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

This is adorable - I love it! Heck ... I even like the fabric, but I would, what with them been rather deep-forest-on-a-sunny-day-ish!

You are sew clever!

storybeader said...

that IS cute! Think of all the possibilities! I love to buy pretty, utilitarian what-nots! {:-D

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That is a neat project. Love the colors.